View Single Post
Old 03-10-2008, 09:14 AM
Dead on balls accurate...

Quote:
Originally Posted by aklim View Post
Don't really think that is a good idea. Diagnosis would be cheap. Now if you had drained the oil and put in antifreeze, that might be better. IIRC, it is hell on the bearings and they will seize up
I used to live in an apartment when I worked nights. There was a guy who parked his Camaro (1970's vintage with a big block, headers and a nasty cam) illegally under my window and who would leave for work after I got home. He would sit there and rev the darn thing for 10 minutes before taking off. I confronted the landlord who did nothing about it. I then went down one morning and asked the guy very nicely if he could park somewhere else as I was trying to sleep. I got a very plesant FU in return. Well about two months of reving inthe mornings later he started his car, reved it for ten minutes then took off. He got 1/2 way up the block when his car died. He tried to start it until the battery died and then had it towed away. It is amazing what 2 quarts of Karo syrup in the gas tank can do to a car ... Best thing, I was never called on it

Current
Monika '74 450 SL
BrownHilda '79 280SL
FoxyCleopatra '99 Chevy Suburban
Scarlett 2014 Jeep Cherokee
Krystal 2004 Volvo S60
Gone
'74 Jeep CJ5
'97 Jeep ZJ Laredo
Rudolf ‘86 300SDL
Bruno '81 300SD
Fritzi '84 BMW