View Single Post
Old 03-10-2008, 09:29 AM

cheap laminate flooring at Lowe's

Just thought I'd pass it along - but there's a screaming deal at Lowe's right now, if the stuff is still on the shelves. African Padauk is the name.

I was in the process of finding a bamboo floor for my living room...but on Friday, I was meandering thru Lowe's flooring department and found one of Pergo's Global Passage lines on clearance for 75 cents/sq. ft.

It's normally 2.97 square foot and it's got the underlayment already attached and available in 5" widths. I was able to find 1/4 round and the other transition pieces too. It's quality stuff and that price is ridiculous.

I had to go to two different stores to get the 19 boxes I needed.....but if you're considering a floor replacement (and please don't flame me for not going with real wood - I have 3 kids and a limited budget) and flexible on color options - this is a ridiculously good deal (in my opinion).

You might find that it's advertised for $1.50 a square foot instead of 75 cents (the second store I went to said that)....but Lowe's does a price match and I got it all for the cheaper price. If they give you a hard time, tell them the York, PA store has it at 75 cents and I can photocopy my reciept for Mshopper's.

Here's a linky to the pergo site with a sample...
http://www.pergo.com/shop/ProductInfo.aspx?productid=PW%2080518