View Single Post
Old 03-10-2008, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerry View Post
Curious as to how it holds up. In the past I've always used solid oak floors but since I was working over a concrete basement floor, I used laminate in a rental apt back in December for the first time. (Sam's Club) I've soaked some scraps for days on end in water with no apparent damage. I've kept a couple of scraps and have been using them as cutting boards and running them through the dishwasher. They are holding up very well.
That's a really good price.
Haha...that's great, that's the first thing I did when I got home....I took the sample piece and soaked it in the sink.

I was really impressed with the quality of the Pergo stuff too. It's still a laminate - but compared to some of the other brands, and at that price....I couldn't refuse. I like that the underlayment is already attached also.

I'm dying to install it....but I'm waiting out the 48 hour acclimation process.

Oh and Chad - not sure yet on the concrete. I'm going to try two pieces......one with the concrete mixed first and the pigment sloshed in....and then a totally mixed up batch. I've seen some cool results with varied colors - we'll see which one my wife likes best.