View Single Post
Old 03-10-2008, 10:47 PM
Who's flying this thing ?

I'd say go for it.

If you look at the other thread, "Jim B.'s new car" you can see that I just traded in a 1995 Subaru Legacy L Outback in on a brand new Subaru Outback.

The 1995 one had 123k on it, and it ran perfectly, with all services up to date, even the timing belt just done (needed every 60k or so).

I can honestly say it was the cheapest car to run I have ever owned, and I have owned a LOT of cars. All it needed was routine maintenance and it was (running great.

They are great all weather cars, trouble free, and pretty miserly with gasoline, too, though they don't climb hills too readily, at least not with the 2.2 engine and automatic, like mine had.

I just wanted a new car for the snow, there was nothing wrong with mine.

In fact, the dealer was anxious to keep it to resell off their lot, even though it is 13 years old, because they said there is a strong market for car like this.
(Especially for people on a budget).

They could not understand why I wanted to trade the car in, but were very eager to have it. Whoever buys it will get a good car for their money.

I think you should keep it. The '97 would be very much like my '95.

You can see also: www.subaruoutback.org as a fantastic, helpful place to get more specificc answers on this vehicle.

1995 E 420, 170k "The Red Plum" (sold)

2015 BMW 535i xdrive awd Stage 1 DINAN, 6k, <----364 hp

1967 Mercury Cougar, 49k

2013 Jaguar XF, 20k <----340 hp Supercharged, All Wheel Drive (sold)