View Single Post
Old 03-12-2008, 02:10 PM
New England Hick

Sirius for my eclectic mix of musical urges (see Nate's Music Tastes thread) and NASCAR Radio, which is when I'm in the car and at work if I'm stuck to my desk (rare once we get busy). Otherwise ESPN Radio. No more talk radio for the Swamp.

One thing I wish Sirius had was a censored (read work safe or kid safe) version of their stations, which is ironically exactly what satellite radio was getting away from. I listen to Octane a lot and like their selection along with the lack of commercials, but when I'm here or at home it has to be low for the potty words that pop up. Octane Safe is what I'm looking for!

I used to listen to Stern but after my 5yo was born the "retard" jokes and bits went from just being unfunny to really rubbing me the wrong way. I'm demented enough to find a lot of his stuff funny, though. Even Bubba. Although I think Bubba tries too hard to out-gross himself. I haven't listened to either one of them in quite awhile.

1980 300TD-China Blue/Blue MBTex-2nd Owner, 107K (Alt Blau) OBK #15
'06 Chevy Tahoe Z71 (for the wife & 4 kids, current mule) '03 Honda Odyssey (son #1's ride, reluctantly) '99 GMC Suburban (255K+ miles, semi-retired mule) 21' SeaRay Seville (summer escape pod)