View Single Post
Old 03-12-2008, 09:04 PM
What, Me Worry?

Looks like it is about time for some downsizing of trucks - the big ones. The ones that, just like pickups and SUV's, have gotten bigger and more bloated in the last 10-15 years.

What is it, that makes it necessary to have trucks as big as they are, here in the U.S.?
Other counties haul stuff via truck...roads pretty much the same like ours....some mountains, hills, turns and things....nothing unusual. So why do our hardworking truck drivers have to drive these fuel sucking behemoths?
Doesn't Kenworth realize they are stealing money from the wallets of truckers, by making such oversized trucks?

Then again...they can't be blamed....they're capitalists, and they heard that there's a sucker born every minute.

trucky - tell me.....Why are your trucks so damned large? Won't 375HP pull a load along the road just as well as 665HP? yeah...your 0-60 times won't be as impressive, but I really don't give a crap about that.
So tell me, trucky.....why aren't you pounding your fists at the truck dealers desk, and asking him why he can't make smaller more fuel efficient trucks?

(Yes, I can see the need for a small percentage of trucks needing to be larger than average...cross country rigs with a bedroom...fine/ But you don't need 14liters and 515HP for most trips)

09 Jetta TDI
1985 300D