View Single Post
Old 03-14-2008, 12:20 PM

I appreciate all the responses. I'm really looking forward to getting home and getting into my car. I'll look into getting rid of the K&N filter and switching to the Mann or however u spell it I've always had such good luck with K&N's and their good flowing ability. I'm really a diesel head by heart and love their simplicity and ruggedness. For all those other diesel heads out there... there is no place in the world that has a better representation of diesel vehicles than Iraq. As most of you know the US military uses one primary fuel JP8. People call it dirty diesel but it works in everything from a single cylinder generator up to the Blackhawks and jet fighters. They have all sorts of nice civilian vehicles that I only wish they had in the states. Turbo diesel Toyota Landcruisers with full floating rear axles and factory snorkle. Four door Mitsubishi pickups that are intercooled and turbo charged. Four door Ford Rangers diesel. The new MRAP which is a mine resistant armored to the hill International. All kinds of Mercedes semi trucks. I've even seen those G wagons I think they call em. All diesel! One of my favorites is our LMTV. It's the replacement for our old 5 ton. It has a 7.2 liter Caterpillar turbo diesel, Allison push button transmission, Rockwell axles, central tire inflation system. This is one thing I'll miss about the military. All the great vehicles! Ohh we call gasoline.. MOGAS... dunno why but its a funny name

1984 Toyota 4x4.. Weber 32/36 DGEV carb, Offenhauser Dual Port intake manifold, TRD cam, MSD 6A ignition, MSD 8.5 wires, MSD Blaster coil, NWOR Tri-Y header, cat-back exhaust, NHK 3" lift springs, Black Magic electric fan, LC Engineering crank pulley,traction bars, LockRight locker, oil cooler, manual water temp gauge, oil temp gauge, vacuum gauge, and 394,000 miles on the clock with one motor change.