View Single Post
Old 03-15-2008, 08:14 PM
Registered Loser

how do you PULL AN M110 motor from a W114?

i'm in the process of pulling a motor at a salvage yard from a '74 model 280.
some of it's self-explanatory, but i've got some fairly urgent questions/confusions:

1. motor mounts: in the manual, i see numerous references to pulling the front and rear engine mounts. i've removed the bolts from each of the side mounts (that are next to the engine shocks), and i just don't see any more. the book mentions one btween the oil pan and the cross member, AND a "rear engine support" as well. where are they? do they exist on this car, or am i done?

2. engine/tranny bolts: how many of these are there? again, in the manual, it says i may need an allen key, and that there are bolts that have to be removed 'from the top." i've removed 4-5 big bolts from underneath with a 17mm wrench, and but i see numerous spots where it seems there could be connecting bolts with hidden allen heads. are there bolts in there, too? or am i done? if there are, anybody know what size there are, and how many? also, are there bolts that have to be removed "from the top"? and do i have to remove the tranny cover and mess w/ any torque convertor attachments?

3. starter: i guess i have to remove the big bolt at the bottom of the starter to separate the engine and tranny? do i have to remove some allen bolt at the top of the starter, too?

answers / tips would be GREATLY appreciated!!!

former proud owner of:
'85 mercedes euro 300TD
'80 mercedes 300TD
'77 mercedes 280e
'80 mercedes euro 250
'82 mercedes euro 250