View Single Post
Old 03-16-2008, 08:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatterasguy View Post
Could be drug money.

Buy said car, take it right to Carmax, get a $3k check and walk away.
Thats an interesting idea. Imagine money with serial numbers that the Fed are looking for. How does that work? I mean if I go to the bank with $4000 is it documented in any way that these certain serial numbers came from me?
Yes, I am the guy who buys cars and sells them for a profit. I'm also parting out a 1985 300TD wagon right now and selling the parts here on the forum and on Ebay. Last week I sold the rear torsion (sway bar) thing to someone here in Vermont for like $65, and also so the rear taillights for like $100 which included shipping to some forum member in NH. Both of these people where very happy. The same day that I recieved payment or the next I had them out with FedEx ground and sent tracking numbers. I'm providing a service, learning the car, and enjoying my Hobby. I just listed a bunch of parts on Ebay lastnight and so far not 1 person watching them. Believe it or not there is alot of work involved. The Beetle was 1.5 hours away. I drove 1 time to check it out, and one to pick it up with the bus. I lucked out that the engine was OK. I work as an Automation Technician and make a little money on the side doing this hobby thing. I'm not going to get rich, but it helps when I have 3 kids.

This guy called and talked on the phone with me, he sounds OK, but there wasn't anything that he said that a scammer couldn't say. What bills do want $5, $10, $100? (I can print them all). Paranoid, or cautious?