View Single Post
Old 03-17-2008, 03:25 AM
roflmonster

The problems that can be deen from this point are making the E420 computers and harnesses talk to those of the M120 V12.

They are two different types of engine management systems, not to mention the fact that the amount of information that the M120 V12 needs in order to function properly.

If one were to do this swap, it would be easier to start out with an older W124, as they have less computers that you have to deal with... Something like a late 80s 300E comes to mind.

The amount of computers and wires that the M119 V8 has worries me, as it would be a nightmare figuring out what controls what on the newer car, and what relays you would need for different systems to run....

I have thought about putting my car under the knife, and doing a transplant... About a month ago, I wanted to swap over an M116 V8 into it, but got turned off with the minimal power gains, and the effort to make it fit...

Now, I am thinking of doing something like a 5 speed conversion to it... Liven it up a bit.

But now, I am thinking about a 5.6 V8 into it this summer, so we shall see what happens...

As for a shop installing an M120 V12 into a car..... Hopefully you got pockets deeper than what I got....

91 560 SEC AMG - other dogs dd
01 Honda S2000 - dogs dd
07 MB ML320 CDI - dd
16 Lexus IS250 - wifes dd

it's automatic.