View Single Post
Old 03-17-2008, 03:09 PM

I really think you're being overly concerned. If he's willing to meet at your local PD, then chances are he isn't pulling anything hinkey. Get a photocopy of his driver's license just in case but I'd say just because he doesn't ask any questions over the phone doesn't make him suspicious. I know I can tell more looking over a car in person in the first 30 seconds than I can "chatting" about it. He's probably going to show up, look it over and decide on the spot if he wants to buy it or not...sounds reasonable to me.

It's funny as I had the opposite experience last week. Went to look at a car from CL in some craphole Massachusetts town and they guy told me where it was stored (in a warehouse in the crappiest section of the craphole). He said, call when you get there and I will meet you. OK, I get there and don't like the looks of things...I call and immediately it bounces to VM. I leave a message saying I am heading to the McDonalds down the street and will meet him there...30 minutes and he never shows, doesn't answer his phone and never returns my call...I figured I was done for if I hung around and waited for him...but maybe I was just being paranoid? But why else would a guy have you come all the way to this dumpy area and then not try and sell you the car if he really had one to sell?

I drove home and never heard from him again. Just odd is all.

2013 C300 4Matic
1984 BMW 733i
2013 Lincoln MKz

Last edited by nhdoc; 03-17-2008 at 03:15 PM.