View Single Post
Old 03-19-2008, 11:50 AM

I have the part that looks like the picture. It's not the ambient air sensor for the outside air. I looked at the air cleaner assembly and nothing. I looked at the snorkle tube and nothing. I looked at the air box that is attached to the sheetmetal near the radiator and behind the driver's side headlight assembly, and still didn't find anything. The car looks as if it had front end damage, prior to my ownership. I say this because there are a few metal parts that look as if they had been straightened.

I looked for loose plugs and even wires that had been cut, but found nothing. I searched (Google) and this site (which is the best source of mercedes info available) and found no pictures or info that could help me locate. I noticed that the metal panel, that the air box attaches to, had a couple of funny shaped holes that I thought maybe something attached to (HOPED). I luckly found a picture on the web that showed another car with the same holes. This puts me back at square 1. Is it on the metal cleaner assembly as on older cars? Is it on the plastic tube? Is it on the airbox? Is it still at the factory? I don't know. If I were to have designed it, I would have put it on the airbox. If it is related to previos damage, and the sensor had not been replaced, where would the wires be, and where do they run to. If I find the wires, I will track them until I find the pot of gold! Thanks so much for the lightning replys!