Thread: New reality!
View Single Post
Old 03-22-2008, 10:54 AM
New England Hick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatterasguy View Post
Yep I have been noticing that trend. You can probably pick up a 40ft diesel Egg for under $100k these days.
My father picked the worst possible time to downsize except for the possibility that guys with 40's may be looking to get into 33's. Although he'd be the first to admit he got his money's worth of enjoyment out of it. It's just too big for he and my mother to handle if they don't have someone else cruising with them now that they've put some more years under the belt. He's looking for a trailerable 26-28' but isn't going to start looking until his current one is sold, he listed it with Peter Fisher @ Fish Yacht Sales in Niantic early in the winter and has started getting some action on it now that we're creeping closer to spring.

A little more in my neighborhood, if you come across any older 11' Whalers in your travels along the shore let me know. I'm looking for one for my kids to learn with. A 13' would make more sense but I can get away with putting an 11' at the dinghy dock and not have to get a slip. They aren't very easy to find, at least without looking too hard.

1980 300TD-China Blue/Blue MBTex-2nd Owner, 107K (Alt Blau) OBK #15
'06 Chevy Tahoe Z71 (for the wife & 4 kids, current mule) '03 Honda Odyssey (son #1's ride, reluctantly) '99 GMC Suburban (255K+ miles, semi-retired mule) 21' SeaRay Seville (summer escape pod)