View Single Post
Old 03-24-2008, 08:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Watson View Post
Sunguy,
Thanks, those were a breeze. Got them out in @30 min. Thank goodness it was the ones that lift the cover. Those looked to be the easiest. Just the trunk lining had to be removed. Do you know if I can drive my car with the hydaulic lines disconnected? Does Dennis do good work? I've not done too much of this online.
Hey Ron,

Glad that worked out for you, and those along with the front latches are the easiest. In fact, the fronts will probably be next for you sometime in the future. Florida sun is tough on the fronts.

Yes, you can drive the car and not worry about further leaks from the open lines. MB recommends putting small rubber caps over the ends of the lines as much to keep dirt out than fluid in. Just don't use the top button until the cylinders are reinstalled.

About Dennis' work...all I can tell you from personal experience is that he did my front latches 1 1/2 years ago, they've worked flawlessly since, and only cost $40 or so + shipping compared to $125-$140@ from the dealer for replacements. He must have done close to 1000 +/- of these cylinder rebuilds for owners around the world, and I've never seen anyone post a complaint....nothing but raves about the guy. You can trust him. Call or email him and he'll give you the instructions you need for shipping, payment, etc.

Re online...the hydraulic fluid should be orderable from Phil, by clicking the buy parts icon at the top of the forum page. Phil/FastLane is a sponsor here and pays to support the free use of the forum. If he doesn't stock the Febi fluid, I know that www.*************** does; also a very good supplier.

Bob
'99 SL500 For Now