View Single Post
Old 03-25-2008, 11:51 AM

Mistress, yes, I love the pre-Raphaelite painters! Waterhouse is among my fav followed by Leighton. Anyhow, Ara, thanks for the advice. I read some reviews on Spybot and it seems to be a good anti-spyware. What about this registry cleaner you speak of? Will it do miracles? Not being a computer expert, I can only speculate that my registry is cluttered because the previous user/owner didn't do a clean reformat of the HD but only backed up, deleted, or transfered his files from this computer to another one. I'm not sure if this has anything to do with the registry, but I had to change the DVD-ROM drive (originally E) to a G designation to allow downloads from a CD.

I don't know, it seems like I've also been noticing some of my icons changing to some generic icon for no apparent reason! I have this Y'z Shadow program, UberIcon, and some other programs that I'm not sure of what they do. Last night AVG free version detected a number of trojan "downloaders" and I clicked "healed." What's the difference between heal and move to vault? Is heal the same as delete? Come to think of it, I really don't want to reformat because that means I have to buy or bug people for XP and MS Office. What good free registry cleaners are out there?