View Single Post
Old 03-26-2008, 10:22 AM

Just an update - Last night I decided to take the car a few blocks to get something to eat and lo and behold the car is shifting at the appropriate shift points - Yea!!!. I do need to adjust the modulator due to flaring between 3 & 4 (I hope it's not some other issue, but won't rule out due to some documentation I've read.), but "somehow" something got fixed while it was sitting in my garage.

This has been quite an experience - one that I'm not sure I want to repeat, but as time lapses and memories of the struggles wane, I may attempt again.

Good luck to anyone attempting a rebuild.

Some things I didn't do, but should have due to simply not carefully reading the rebuild manual.

1. Drill out the rivits in the K1 and K2 clutch and change the o-rings (might be my flaring problem). This just seemed like something that could go really wrong and I decided not to take the risk of screwing up the whole assembly.
2. Insure the metal clutch plates went back in the correct order. Yes - there is more than one thickness of metal plates and the manual (The Benz version) says to put them back in a particular order.
2009 Hyundai Genesis - 65k miles