Thread: 300SDL screwed?
View Single Post
Old 03-27-2008, 11:00 PM
Man of the fire

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenzB0y View Post
What are my options as far as getting a new key made or just getting the switch to turn?
You have thaqt wrong, it wasn't you that screwed up and lost the key, so, the correct statement is:

What are HIS options for making your vehicle right, back to the way it was when you handed it to him. (pre-existing defects and repairs aside)

Call me old fashioned, but I was raised that if you break someone elses property, you fix what you broke, period. If it's something that looks shaky or is about to break, don't touch, tell them first, let them make the call.

That said, this guy is just doing nothing but make it worse, I agree with babymog, get pictures and document dates and what happened, you WILL need that info, get the car out of there and to another mechanic, send him the bill, he will most likely fight you saying you didn't give him a chance to fix it as most of that type does, which is where those pics and documented damages with dates will prove him wrong, and that you were preventing further damages. Ultimately he is responsible to fix every bit of what he caused. Make sure you mention the shop on the forum in a warning thread for others to avoid.
82 240D -for sale

Last edited by Mustang_man298; 03-27-2008 at 11:11 PM.