View Single Post
Old 03-28-2008, 03:55 PM

Transmission bushings-now no start

Okay, another first for me. Never heard of anyone screwing up the transmission bushing job, but yours truly did it. Replaced four bushings last week, two in the shift box that the spring in there rotates on and the two below the car on the linkage rod. No problems other than I'm slow as heck. So today with it being a beautiful top down day, I figured to take it (560SL) out for some exercise. It wouldn't start. All the indicator lights work and there is power getting to the two pin connector at the shifter lever, but there are no back up lights and nothing happens in Park, Neutral or any other gear. I obviously did something while I was doing the bushings. Can anyone point me in the right direction please? I was going to make a drawing of where everything was and how it went together, but after looking at it, I thought that it looked so simple that only an idiot could screw this up.

See photos below if they help.

Thanks.
Attached Thumbnails
Transmission bushings-now no start-transmission-bushings-001.jpg   Transmission bushings-now no start-transmission-bushings-002.jpg  
'88 560SL 41,000 miles - totaled and parted out
https://sites.google.com/site/mercedesstuff/home
'99 E300 turbo 227,500 miles
'03 SLK320 40,000 miles - gave to my daughter
'14 Smart electric coupe 28,500 miles
'14 Smart electric cabriolet 28,500 miles
'15 Smart electric coupe 28,000 miles