Thread: 88 300te
View Single Post
Old 03-30-2008, 09:06 PM

88 300te

Found a nice 300TE on craigslist. Purchasing it for $900. The wagon has been sitting for 2 years so the most damage is the cracked dash. There is a fuel leak under the vehicle about midpoint which i suspect is the fuel filter and the wagon starts but shuts right down. Could be the fuel leak but i will wait to get her home. 2 tires are flat from sitting so it will need 4 new tires, again no big deal.
All windows work, sunroof works, air & heat supposedly were working, door locks all work, seats work, a little dirty inside but nothing some elbow grease won't take care of. PO says it is a highperformance model. Can anyone enlighten me here?

Here's a link to the pics:

http://www.kodakgallery.com/ShareLandingSignin.jsp?Uc=14gplcbz.55v9627&Uy=-bcoe62&Upost_signin=Slideshow.jsp%3Fmode%3Dfromshare&Ux=0

Was buying for my daughter but she wants no part of a wagon. Since i own an 84 300SD i felt this may make a nice stablemate gasser when i need to pick up some items.

I am looking for comments on this year and model. If i find a 617 diesel I may even relace the gas engine.

Thoughts??