View Single Post
Old 03-31-2008, 01:50 PM
Dionysius

From my inspection here is the entire low pressure fuel circuit.

The three way banjo is only a mechanical mount point with no plumbing connection into the filter. If I am wrong I will dance a jig.

Now get ready for a journey my friends...........

Consider you are a molecule of diesel fuel about to leave the Fuel Tank which is vented to assure your continued ability to leave. Here is the path:

Vented Fuel Tank
Fuel Tank Screen Filter
Fuel Supply line
Primary filter
Check valve under the Priming Pump
Priming Pump pressure stroke can kick you in the ass here if stroked
Lift Pump check valve
Lift Pump kicks your ass here if cranking is enabled
Enter Secondary filter outer annulus
Squeeze through Secondary filter porous medium
Enter Secondary filter inner cylinder
Exit the Secondary filter via the brown tube to IP
Arrive at IP
Either get pulled up into the High Pressure side and be combusted or continue as excess back through the IP Check Valve
Making it through the check valve means you had 7psi plus of pressure to defeat the spring
Continue to the three-way banjo bolted to the secondary filter
Join with your brothers which were survivors from the Hi Press circuit and did not enter the cylinder of hell fire
Enter the cigar hose
Enter the metal return line to the tank
Enter the vented tank
Receive accolades from your brethern back at the tank for having survived yet another cycle
Wait to be called again and test your luck.

Now guys.....please tell me if you agree or disagree because I am trying to learn and these threads can be frustrating as direct tit-for-tat feedback is not often given.

I will never be offended except when I cannot improve my knowledge base.

Also go check my new thread on bleeding procedure since it is a derivative from this thread as suggested by Leathermang. I also want your ideas there.