View Single Post
Old 03-31-2008, 10:15 PM
Who's flying this thing ?

RAB Mercedes-Benz in San Rafael will probably co-operate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by murdoc View Post
Hot on the heels of the Spring Diesel Drive we are planning our next drive event.

Zack has suggested that we have a Peninsula area meet for mid to late July.

Jeremy added that we meet at R.A.B. Motors in San Rafael. [map]

Which weekend works best July 19th or 26th? Please respond with your preferred date.
The Marin County Mercedes Benz dealer, RAB Motors, in San Rafael, has been co-operating with the Mercedes Benz Club of America (the MBCA) for many years in hosting events for owner/enthusiasts.

Typical among these are the monthly "Tire Kicker" events, when Mercedes owners from all over the Bay Area, once a month at 9am at a weekend, converge on the parking lot of Borders Books, right next door to the dealer.

http://www.mbca.org/sfba/pdf/February%2008.pdf

Some of the Dealer's techs bring their Mercedes cars to participate also.
After an hour, or so, the group goes into the Borders Books cafe and grabs a couple of tables for more discussion.

The Dealer has in the past, (and evidently continues to do so,) hosted events for MBCA members, such as Tech Sessions, Drives, and open house at the dealer whre good refreshments are served also.

The contact person would likely be the Service Department SA supervisor,
whose name is David Santy, and who is a good guy and likes to go to all the events.

This dealer is ideally located, just off the 101 Freeway in San Rafael (easy to see from the freeway) and just over the Richmond Bridge and close to the Golden Gate, making access incredibly easy from anywhere in the East Bay, San Francisco, the Peninsula, Marin Sonoma and Mendocino and Lake Counties.

However, I haven't been back to RAB for any work on the car since 2004, when I had a lot done there to it, because at the end of that year I moved out of San Francisco.

1995 E 420, 170k "The Red Plum" (sold)

2015 BMW 535i xdrive awd Stage 1 DINAN, 6k, <----364 hp

1967 Mercury Cougar, 49k

2013 Jaguar XF, 20k <----340 hp Supercharged, All Wheel Drive (sold)