View Single Post
Old 04-04-2008, 05:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrgrassi View Post
What about fitting a "t" to the turbo oil supply? That way you are not drilling into the oil filter canister.
I drilled into the top of the oil filter canister partly because I wanted to test the oil pressure in that area. I tapped 2 holes one out side of the filter and 1 directly down the center of the cap. I eventually used the central hole for oil to set up a bypass oil filter system and the outer hole for the low oil presssure sending unit. So I had more than just installing the low oil pressure alarm going on.
In order to utilze the exisisting oil pressure gauge line hole I would have had to make a special fitting to thread into the hole and allow the origional Oil pressure line to be hooked up to it.
The other way would have been to cut the plastic oil pressure guage line tubing in two and put som sort of T there. (If you do this I would use a new oil pressure line as the old platic ones must be hard and brital by now.)
Since I already have a bunch of taps and drills and so on it was easier for me to drill the top of the oil filter cover.