View Single Post
Old 04-05-2008, 08:52 PM

I wouldn't be able to handle that... I've lived at least half a mile from the nearest people my whole life and at least 50 miles from any town larger than 10K people, where folks are friendly and mind their own damn business... Now I'm in school and I know sooner or later I'm gonna have a run-in with the cops or whomever... Hell I routinely am grinding, welding, and blasting the music full on at 3AM... Don't get me wrong, I'd love to live in a packed neighborhood where people were direct, honest, interesting, and liked to shoot automatic weapons in the street (provided they exercise common sense and proficiency in marksmanship), blare music all night, and make all manner of racket, but unfortunately most people can't handle that level of freedom. It scares them. Bizarre, paranoid things people become when they cluster together... Its like sheep, but crazy, mean spirited, nasty sheep with sabre-fangs.. Possibly the inverse of sheep. Many humans in groups get panicky, nervous, dangerous, reactionary, scared, and aggressive. All at once. Hows that for a messed up herd response?

Good luck with the bastards Hope they turn out to be good!