View Single Post
Old 04-06-2008, 06:05 PM

Eddie,

How long ago did you buy the car?? If it was in the past few weeks - I would try and go after them for all or part of the harness cost - especially if they gave you a 30 day warranty.

As to harness costs, for my 94 E320, best price I could find was $890. Kinda salty but it fixes tons of problems fast. Its an easy DIY to install yourself or should be 3-4 hours of shop time. Don't let em stick it to you if you go a shop route.

Seeing you have the harness troubles, its likely the pigtail harness for your ETA (Electronic Throttle Actuator) is going to be bad as well. A sure sign of of it in poor condition is a non functional cruise control.

New out of the box ETA's cost $1200 plue 3 hours of shop time. There are manufacturers that reman them for around $500-600. THere are several posts in the forums that discuss them.

Its a tough nut to swallow. I had the same problem when I purchased my car last fall. It ran real well away from the dealer only to have it begin acting up after 100 miles. I tend to take it on the chin alot so rather than dump the car back on the dealer like I should have, I learned how to fix and improvise. In spite of the troubles it gives me, I still enjoy it.

Good luck.

1994 E320 Wagon with many warts SOLD
1995 E320 Wagon with a beauty mark or two FOR SALE