View Single Post
Old 04-08-2008, 11:25 PM

Thinking of selling my 83 240D 4 spd manual

What's it worth? Car in CT. I have too many cars and other projects cooking and realize I do not have time to do all the things I want to do with it. 220K on the odo.

The good:
Mechanically in very good cond and runs great, No oil leaks, dry as a bone!!! 4 spd manual shifts fine, clutch is good. has tach/clock combo from a 300D turbo driven by the EGR controller (I did the work. how many 240D's can claim that?), engine does not smoke, good power and acceleration, good compression. No problem starting this past New England winter without being plugged in, all lights incl dash lights work, all gauges and instruments work including fuel sender and reserve light, wood trims are all there and in good cond. dash is not cracked. Sunroof and pwr windows all work. heat and blowers work fine, has A/C but not cold (haven't had a chance to see why). Recent fluid and filter changes including brake fluid and vac pump fluid, brakes are good with lot's of pad left. parking brakes serviced and adjusted, key locks, vacuum locks incl trunk lock all work and hold vac for a few days. 4 brand new tires w less than 500 miles on 15 hole lightweight aluminum rims with wheel covers. exhaust system in exc condition (looks almost new).

Per previous owner's record:
New injectors at @ 209k
new water pump @ 216k
new exhaust, front brakes @ 199K

The bad: needs drivers side floor pan. There are other minor rust spots but not too bad. Needs paint.

This 240D is a joy to drive. I hate to part with it but I think it is the right thing to do for me at this point in time.