Thread: D, S and L
View Single Post
Old 04-09-2008, 01:05 AM
Zero

Yeah I know that little feature was just driving me nuts today in traffic. I really don't like the way MB's shift.

3rd was a bit to fast, but if I put it in 2nd the damn thing drags 1st to 4k+. So I just gave up, put it in 4th.

If you want to hold 2nd just put it their and keep it above 5mph or whenever it kicks down, it will hold it.

MB never could make a trans that was just right. I swear my SD started in 2nd if my memory serves me. Then they did that stupid 2nd gear start with the gassers. On top of all that if you want a down shift you have to beat the damn thing over the head. Really the 722.6 is the only MB transmission I like, they will do something totaly amazing for a MB transmission...downshift if you put your foot down slightly...WOW. On top of that it doesn't piss me off with constant shifting like the always confused 722.9 with a billion ratios. Hmm lets see do I want 6th or 5th gear? Maybe a little 3rd in their, oh wait lets run from 1st-5th before the next stop light.

Just like the weak climate control, crummy AC, piss poor cup holders, and Play School window regulators...MB never could figure the whole gear ratio and downshift thing.
2007 Tiara 3200