Thread: 88 300te
View Single Post
Old 04-09-2008, 02:25 PM
Dieselsüchtiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by babymog View Post
Hard to tell without hearing it Paul. Could be the fan, could be the transmission front pump, depends on the sound.

If it's white over blue tex, it was probably a dealer service vehicle.
It drove fine......and the sound is hard to tell under the hood.....if it is the P/S pump or hydraulic pump or something....we'd just replace it....that can fail on any wagon.....considering the car is about $1100-1200, not bad for a spare car, even if it needs a little work.

The car is blue with Palomino interior.....so it wasn't a service vehicle....

Do you know how to get the hatch open if the rear lock won't work (nor does the inside handle).....thats the biggest issue. The only other issue is that the rear power windows make no sound/response to the switches, the drivers one makes noise but doesn't move....passenger one works fine. Heat works, A/C might work (too cold out to tell) power seats fully work.....monowiper runs smooth/quiet/fast....rear wiper works....lights all work....defrost works....aside from cosmetic issues and the windows/hatch it seems to be in proper order. It has ABS and it looks like stuff was replaced on the brake system, booster and lines look new. Transmission engages instantly in reverse or Drive....no delay. It shifts well too. It kicks down (reluctantly) from the 2nd gear start if you force it to. And WOW is it fast when it does. I've never felt acceleration like that before.

It also has the third row seat. I must say, the W124's ride like they are gliding on air! Can't feel anything!
'09 Sprinter 3500 Winnebago View - 62k (OC - 67k)
'13 ML350 Bluetec - 95k - dad's (OC-98k)
'01 SL500 - 103k(km) - dad's (OC-110,000km)
'16 E400 4matic Sedan - 148k - Brothers (OC-155k)