View Single Post
Old 04-09-2008, 11:06 PM
88 300E

Unhappy 1988 300e w124 Blower Problems

My blower was making some noise at low speeds and then just quit one day. Bought a new one and put it in tonight. No luck.
Before I bought the blower I searched extensively on this and other sites for all of the common issues. Checked the fuse block first, fuse not blown and everything looked fine. Checked the regulator, seems to be working ok.
I do get some cold air when up at speed going down the road and all of the vent controls seem to work properly.

Well anyhow, put the new motor in tonight and still no luck. Started backtracking from the motor as it is not getting power for some reason. It is not even getting power to the fuse block, got stopped under the dash not knowing where the wires went from there.

I did jump 12v to the fuse block and the blower worked perfectly on all speeds and temps. Checked the 3 wires and the ground doesn't seem to be an issue.

My question is where to go from here as it means for me to continue tracking the wires could get tedious as I just had the dash apart last weekend installing a new ignition tumbler. I was wondering where the power to the fuse comes from. Thanks