View Single Post
Old 04-10-2008, 01:25 AM
Dieselsüchtiger

I've had three different people on separate occasions ask me if they could buy my car from me. The creepiest was when a guy followed me home, walked over to me in my driveway and asked if I'd be willing to sell my car. I said "no way"...he looked sad, and wrote his number down and gave it to me "in case I changed my mind" Wow.

Another time I found a ripped out page of someones car-owners manual with "I would like to buy this car!" and their phone number, written across the page....stuck under my windshield wiper Crazy.

My dad has had a few people approach him on the same subject. Twice at a gas station, and once in a parking lot.

My favorite one is when a guy next to me in traffic motioned me to roll down the window, so I did....he yells over "what year is that!!!?" I say "an 82!" he goes "Wow, thats a nice looking car, can't believe its that old!" I say "thanks!" he gives me thumbs up and drives away as his light had changed.

Ah, the joys of driving a W126.

I just recently added a neat euro-plate to the front of my car too. It was my grandfather's (in Germany)....he passed away in January, and now we have his (custom, with his initials) plates on our cars.
'09 Sprinter 3500 Winnebago View - 62k (OC - 67k)
'13 ML350 Bluetec - 95k - dad's (OC-98k)
'01 SL500 - 103k(km) - dad's (OC-110,000km)
'16 E400 4matic Sedan - 148k - Brothers (OC-155k)