View Single Post
Old 04-10-2008, 11:36 AM
AHH,What's up Doc????

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnathan1 View Post
I haven't owned my Benz for too long (about 2 months) and already I'm not sure if I like the kind of attention it attracts... seems like EVERYONE thinks I'm some kind of loaded millionaire eccentric or something. I've gotten to the point where I just ignore people's smug/jealous comments... :\

I guess people don't realize that you can buy a decent W126 for like 2 grand?

Maybe I should elaborate...at a mechanic the other day (took the 126 in for an alignment) the mechanic explained to me that his alignment rack was broken...and that the "economy" is so bad right now, that he can't afford to get it fixed, as nobody has any money to spend, so his business is slow, but you "have lots of money because you drive a Mercedes-Benz"...

And another time, when I brought the Mercedes to a Supra meet, because everyone on the online forums wanted to see my new "daily driver" one guy smugly said "I had no idea you were so rich" and "Enjoy the maintenance costs on that thing".

It's amazing what your car says about you...especially when the truth of the matter is that I'm an unemployed college student.

What have I gotten myself into here??
Yeah, I haven't heard any negatives yet from others and jealousy gets ugly when it shows up. I used to get these kind of remarks when I lived in Seattle and I'm totally convinced it's because Seattle was so liberal, er libocritical, that everyone trying to be so special is really miserable and can't deal with it!

I'm sorry you had a wierd experience. It makes me so glad I moved away from libocrites! I service mine myself and made friends with my local mechanic so this isn't an issue, but the work ethic and life ethics are different here.