View Single Post
Old 04-10-2008, 09:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by babymog View Post
When I bought my first Mercedes, it was because it was the safest station-wagon / minivan in the world, period, regardless of what it cost. Many people would raise their eyebrows when someone would say "let's take Jeff's Mercedes" etc., something I started to refer to as reverse snobbery, got some cold looks and some "ooh, he has a Mercedes" kind of reactions, so it became referred to as "the wagon" or Ruby. I didn't like the attention. On the road too, some people just want to show you that they can keep you out of their lane etc., some wierd anomosity on the road in the 'Benz sometimes that I don't get in the other cars.
Some one once tried to run me off the road, while I was driving the 300D. It got so bad he even went in front of me and slammed on his brakes, luckily I knew he was going to do that so I distanced myself and made him make a fool of himself to other motorists.

My co-worker once said, "YOU have a MERCEDES?" when we went out for lunch. At first I didn't think he'd say anything to that effect but I guess I was wrong, then when I used the other Benz he was even more surprised, "You have TWO MB's?"

Considering we were paid the same for student work that time I guess he was shocked. Then afterwards he confessed he liked the car very much.

Now that I'm out of school and finally got my degree I wonder what my soon-to-be co-workers would say when I drive up in my car.