View Single Post
Old 04-13-2008, 12:28 PM
I Want A 1935 500K!

Aux Input...

Hey guys (especially Dave) !!!

I have a new 300CE and tried to upgrade the stereo, but found myself in a swirl of confusion not long into the challenge.

Seems I have a 1432 Two Piece Radio. My path may have been a little different had I not have had "WAIT" on the screen. It seems some dufus before me decided he could guess the "CODE". So, I've never heard the radio. For the last 18 hours, the radio has been on to see if I can get the CODE to come up. If I can successfully enter the code (which I obtained from my MB dealer), I'll likely keep the system.

However, the caveat is I threw away my cassette tapes years ago (about 10 years after disposing of my 8-Tracks) and have nothing to put in the tape slot except for an adapter that would probably eject since the stereo has an auto-reverse feature.

Through my research and from links provided by others, I found this http://www.beckerautosound.com/1432-1992-93/aux_input.htm

I would rather not send the radio to Becker if possible. I could easily add the auxiliary input for my iPod if I only knew where on the circuit board to connect the leads for the 3.5mm socket.

Is there anyone out there that knows about this modification to the radio head? Guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Now it's off to (not always) the Best Buy to return the $200 Alpine.
1990 300SL - 102kMi (salvaged parts available)
1986 300E - 230kMi (salvaged parts available)

Expert RV Generator Repair
Go To: MiGen Repair
When no one else can, I do!

We judge ourselves by our intent.
We judge others by their actions.