View Single Post
Old 04-13-2008, 09:40 PM
dieselarchitect

84 280 e euro five speed with 369 rear end originally brought into us to run in the 1984 amerithon ralley which was to have run from ca to tip of south america to alaska and back. The ralley was canceled and the car lingered around until it was converted back to a street configuration.

I bought it originally around 1991 and kept it til about 1994 sold it along and bought it back in 2005. I am using it as a dedicated autocrosser. It has lowering springs and konis on back, running kumho slicks this year. I have a 369 rear end that has been converted to limited slip using a 190e 16v donor diff. I haven't got it installed yet but hope to get it up and running soon.

Mechanically there is really not much difference as far as maintainance goes, it just has more compression, more aggressive cams (I think) freeer flowing headers and the resulting more power.

Its pretty peppy.

Tom W
[SIGPIC] Diesel loving autocrossing grandpa Architect. 08 Dodge 3/4 ton with Cummins & six speed; I have had about 35 benzes. I have a 39 Studebaker Coupe Express pickup in which I have had installed a 617 turbo and a five speed manual.[SIGPIC]

..I also have a 427 Cobra replica with an aluminum chassis.