View Single Post
Old 04-15-2008, 08:45 AM
I'm thinkin, I'm thinkin.

Funny show tonight.. Hear ME curse in 3 languages !!!!

Last night on the way home, Rt 183 came to a screeching halt. My "screeching" involved the car swerving to the left really hard on brake application. The rest of the way home I smelled burning brake pads. Well when I finally reached my exit, I had a nice pulsation. I'd noticed a slight pull to the right for a few days now and recall the same swerve to the left a few weeks ago. By the time I reached the dry cleaners drive-thru across from my apartment, my brake pedal was near the floor. Boiled brake fluid thanks to a frozen right front caliper. By the time I parked, the right front wheel was burning hot and the left was "warm". Guess what I'm doing tonight ?!?!

I left to work early this morning to avoid traffic, and figured in the cooler weather, I wouldn't boil the fluid. Success on that part. I put the car on a lift at 6:30am and started the PB Blasting. I have a funny feeling I'll be breaking some brake lines tonight. Gonna replace front calipers and front & rear hoses. If you're in the neighborhood after 6pm tonight, bring a chair, some popcorn and watch the multi-lingual cursing. Just bring a welders mask and some kevlar for "flying tool" protection. Observe at your own risk !!!!!