View Single Post
Old 04-25-2008, 11:06 AM
WECO Installer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 190 blue View Post
Thanks, but I'm trying to remove the ignition switch not the lock cylinder. To remove the ignition switch, I have to release the black wiring connector that plugs into it, but that won't release in key position 1, so I can't get the 3 screws out of the ignition switch that are under the wiring connector to take it off. Does anyone know how to release this wiring connector or what is holding it on?
I thought that it is suppose to release when the key is in position 1.

This information is from a fellow member...his key wouldn't turn so he had to remove everything the hard way.

"The switch assembly should now be free to move around a bit. The electrical connector on the back won’t let go unless you’re at #1. I did a fancy thing that I hope works for you: I took an orbital sander (the same sander I used to rattle the tumblers into position before I ever started this project) and sanded the switch until I could see the 3 screws that hold the electric part, back out of the holes! Now, I had to loosen them a bit with a chisel in between the 2 sections, but it worked. After the screws all backed out. I was able to separate them and pull the switch part out. It’s tight but it will go. Make it happen."

1993 190E 2.3
2001 SLK230
1971 LS5 (454) Corvette Convertible

Last edited by slk230red; 04-25-2008 at 11:39 AM.