View Single Post
Old 04-26-2008, 01:35 AM

7 you need to extend the 2 fader wires up past gear selector into radio 'hole'

NB solder and heat shrink tubing is better than crimp connectors, learn how to solder

7.1.1 red/green are /extended rear + , move them up to the radio hole like shown below

7.2 all other fader wires get heat shrinked

8 the front speakers are both green/black, one is white plug one is black plug
( note color/L/ R l ocation this is correct) ( i ID the speaker to make future owner/upgrade ez)

NB crutchfield includes 'plugs' that you can plug the euro sockets into and then solder socket to stereo outs, makes no difference but it is easier, not alot of extra length on those wires in radio 'hole'

i would/did duct tape the plug/connector for extra security, you dont want that coming undone (just push together type thing)

9 now you have the original black/brown negatives you cut off euro plugs + the new red/green +

note the color matching for pairs is important

green+brown (green is brown/green stripe extended)

red+ black (red is brown/red stripe extended)

you need these wires from original back of radio plugs

they go with the wires you extended past gear shift like so, wire ties, use em!

10 heres which is which speaker so you know

11 crutchfield wiring harness does make it easier, snaps right into power plug (and locks firmly) so you can solder wires to HU with some breathing room, well worth the $20 premium price

(power harness is red/orange/yellow thing)

now you have 4 pairs of speaker wire and your HU has 4 outputs and you are set! wire according to your HU instructions

tuck the big 'alarm' plug and unused wires into radio hole. blue is antenna remote, cut off plug and wire into HU connector as needed.

Final tips, you can leave fader 'wheel' in place, toss switch part you cut off in trash, maybe use that hole for NOS activation switch when you put it in? (mmmmmm)

the sheating on factory wires is STICKY as sin, yuck

slice sheating with utility knife as needed, dont nick wires (surgical touch here)

thats it! no final pix of new sony HU w ipod cable? i was too excited playing with it!

PPS really sux that we have to host our own pix! takes forever!