View Single Post
Old 04-28-2008, 09:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dakota3c06 View Post
You are correct, I put a tee in the heater supply hose off of the cylinder head by the oil filter. It travels to a plate heat exchanger then back to the tank in the trunk. The return line exits the tank and joins the line between the aux pump and the water pump. My question is whether that is the right location for the return line. I read on another post that it was placed after the aux pump. I will loosen the line and try to remove any air bubbles.
All you will accomplish with loosening the line is a coolant mess. I would recommend that you simply drive the car for a couple of days and keep an eye on the coolant level. It's the up and down hill, acceleration and deceleration, that will eventually work the air out of the system. When I first did mine I had some flow after a 30 mile run into town. At some point the following day (can't remember exactly when, but on an average day I drive 250-300 miles), the temp gauge on the veg line popped up to 180. Haven't had an issue since and I have around 50K on veg.

Line location is fine, you have it after the pump.

Jim
2011 Subaru Legacy AWD (Wife's)

Last edited by jaoneill; 04-28-2008 at 09:22 PM. Reason: didn't answer original question