View Single Post
Old 04-28-2008, 11:15 PM
roflmonster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim B. View Post
You gotta stay off the phone, man. Your incredible agility and youth got you out of that one.

But it is different in the rain, when I lived in SF, I used to go up Upper Market street, a winding, curving street that winds up one of SF's biggest hills (I lived up there then in my house) and when I would nail the pedal when it was raining and the street was wet, the rear end would break away completely and the car would slide.

First time that happened it scared the hell out of me, but after that, you could do it for fun, with no cars around (rare in SF) and I did it a lot.

That 560SEC has a REALLY light rear end, it is true.

I had read a column in the SF Bay Guradian, years ago, that that particular stretch, late at night, was like a secret autocross place, and old foreign cars would race up and down it to see who could up or down the fastest, and time it.

Says the man with a few pending tickets...

Jim, I have driven your 560. That thing does seem like its got a light rear end.... Its got good traction though!

The SL600 is the same way.... Sooooo light in the rear, soooo easy to kick it loose.....

Were you or TurboBenz in the car when I took that corner at a high rate of speed, and kicked the rear out????

91 560 SEC AMG - other dogs dd
01 Honda S2000 - dogs dd
07 MB ML320 CDI - dd
16 Lexus IS250 - wifes dd

it's automatic.