View Single Post
Old 04-28-2008, 11:43 PM
Who's flying this thing ?

R32 kicked my Azz in Sacramento a couple weeks ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iwrock View Post
Says the man with a few pending tickets...

Jim, I have driven your 560. That thing does seem like its got a light rear end.... Its got good traction though!

The SL600 is the same way.... Sooooo light in the rear, soooo easy to kick it loose.....

Were you or TurboBenz in the car when I took that corner at a high rate of speed, and kicked the rear out????
No I wasn't that time, I don't remember, but I will tell you this: It is great when kick that rear end out and recover, it shows you are really the master of your machine.

You know, a couple of weeks ago, coming back home, through Sacramento, on the 80 that loops around Sac past Natomas, and some really young guy passed me at around 90 in I think some souped up VW Golf R32, pretty new one. I thought:not today.

So passed him at about 110; but he was very very good, knew his car well, and it is very small, and could slice and dice the traffic really good at about 90-100, he could judge well. Looking for the gaps like that, he caught me at passed me (about 2pm, some traffic around.) My car is too damn big to carve traffic like that. but stick me in an M5, C43 Amg or an E500 W124, different story.

So I then took it to around 120 and caught him and passed him again. But the guy was determined, and his car was fast, and could drive good, so by Madison Ave East, he'd gotten through the cars and passed me at around 115-120.

By the time I got to Citrus Heights, it is over 4 lanes each way and I could have gone up to aound 140 and tried to fiind him, but the CHP weigh scales are around there, and CHP cars usually hang out.

I drove you 600SL once. I tell you though, if I was in THAT car that day, I would have eaten the R32's lunch for sure. That thing haulsAZZZZZ!!!

1995 E 420, 170k "The Red Plum" (sold)

2015 BMW 535i xdrive awd Stage 1 DINAN, 6k, <----364 hp

1967 Mercury Cougar, 49k

2013 Jaguar XF, 20k <----340 hp Supercharged, All Wheel Drive (sold)