View Single Post
Old 04-29-2008, 07:41 AM

W126 300SE Questions

Hey guys, first post on the forum!

Got a few questions....
Iv organised a charity event, its called the Crapheap Challenge, www.crapheapchallenge.co.uk (it needs updating)! But yea basically going 3500 miles around france and italy in cars for under £500

So i managed to pick up a gem of a 'D reg' 300 Se for £499. It has had one owner from new, covered 139,000 miles and full service history at the same garage! It drives so well, apart from when the power steering pump failed and it took two of us to get round the corner!

Anyhow, question time....

Whats the offset/pcd of the car
Running temperture, mine varies between 80c and 50c depending on weather, if the heatings on, and if you stopped, cruising, speeding...
Also the car feels a little hesitant at times, think it has alot of gunk in the tank as the throttle body is bascially black all the way through! So whats best to clean it with?

Iv put a small bet down with my friends, they reckon the Merc will give up in a puff of smoke where as i think this thing will go forever! I drive a Clio 172 Cup daily and a track prepared BMW E30, so its a joy to jump in a cruise along smoothly once in a while!

Just so you can imagine where we are going, were Crossing the channel to Calais, then driving to Poitiers, Millau, Monaco, Albenga, Lyon, Paris, and home, but within those miles we will be travelling up the Col de Turni (cant spell!) and various other pases, as well as travelling through Mont Blanc.....

Anyhelp would be great!

Thanks
Phill