View Single Post
Old 03-09-2002, 02:32 PM
Unbanned...?

Sometimes I wonder of people actually check prices before doing a Rube Goldberg (sp?) fix. I just replaced all three of my lines, and the cost for all 3 was ~$17. That's brand-new clear lines with the metal fittings attached, straight from Mercedes-Benz. The large copper or aluminum seals were $0.40 each (8 required), and the small aluminum seals were $0.15 each (2 required). Total cost was a smidge over $20 for everything. Mine were structurally fine, but I didn't like the brown color. I also prefer to see the fuel inside the lines. And since I was in the middle of a ~$3k head replacement job, and had pulled the I/P out for calibration, it seemed like a relatively inexpensive "upgrade". I had to replace the seals anyway. Now I've got all pretty new lines. I took a photo of two of the lines, old + new, next to each other to show the difference. When I download it from the camera I'll post an URL so y'all can look at the difference.

BTW - I got my parts from Wholesale Parts in GA, but FastLane and PartsShop should be able to get them at a similar price. Add on ~25-40% or so if you're buying at the dealer's part counter.

Regards,

Check out my website photos, documents, and movies!