View Single Post
Old 05-04-2008, 08:15 PM
Electrical Engineer

Hey

looks like someone stole my idea...ha I'm heading up to NYC this friday through monday. I was going to stay in-city but due to my limited budget I found a cheaper place in NJ--its a little further out but a friend of mine works there..

If you do want to stay in the city, check out the Riverside Hotel (I think its on Riverside & 81st in the upper west side) Its $114/night. I'm told its a safe neighborhood. Theres a parking garage within a block from it and it was going to cost me $115 for 60 hours.

As for sights to see...the financial district has some nice architecture...Brooklyn has some beautiful stuff too. I'm told one should brave the line at Grimaldi's Pizzeria in DUMBO (down under the Manhattan bridge overpass) should also checkout the Brooklyn Promenade especially during sunset...should give you a spectacular view of lower and mid Manhattan..if your knee is willing walk across the brooklyn bridge...im not sure how far that is though so you might not really want to try it...Apparently the Woolsworth building has a stunning lobby...

just some ideas. A friend of mine is going to be a tour guide in the city in the fall and he was telling me about some of the places to see that most tourists that are on controlled fast-paced stuff (like I was in highschool) didnt get to see.

just some ideas. hope you enjoy it.

Oh also if you want cheap Broadway tickets check out www.broadwaybox.com I got front row mezzanine tickets to Spamalot for like $50. They have some pretty good deals.

(4/11/2020: Hi Everyone! I am still taking orders and replying to emails/PMs/etc, I appreciate your patience in these crazy times. Stay safe and healthy!)

82 300SD 145k
89 420SEL 210k
89 560SEL 118k
90 300SE 262k RIP 5/25/2010
90 560SEL 154k
91 300D 2.5 Turbo. 241k
93 190E 3.0 235k
93 300E 195k