View Single Post
Old 05-04-2008, 10:35 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaiz3n View Post
Yeah I definitely caught on about the squeezing the 24mm wrench and the channel locks together quickly; although that has not worked so far, I don't have a propane torch however my mechanic does and if he would have answered his phone this weekend I would have been out there using it by now! haha

What size is the nut 27mm? I noticed it was bigger as the 24mm only grabs the ALDA, at least I could not get it over the nut.

I don't know if I feel up to doing this as I can barely get an angle that I can see the top of the unit. I wish you lived in NJ, I'd pay to fill up your tank for the help!
I believe the size of the nut is 25mm, but, I haven't checked it. The 24mm doesn't quite fit, as you are aware.

Don't attempt to do anything to the adjusting screw with the ALDA in place. That's a guaranteed disaster. You must remove the ALDA. BTW, once you do get it off.........drive the vehicle around without it. You may love it so much that you never put it back. None of my 603's have an ALDA.........and I don't miss it one bit.