View Single Post
Old 05-08-2008, 01:33 AM
Now Y2K Compliant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatterasguy View Post

No shifter interlock. Its a car, if you can't figure it out you really shouldn't be driving.
Late W126s had that feature.

Quote:
I can start the engine any damn time I want, as long as its not in gear. No having to depress the brake pedal BS.
What car does that? Doesn't sound like anything I've heard of.
Quote:
Door locks that do not lock you in. If your dumb enough to open one and fall out, well MB figured they were doing the world a favor.
That's nothing new, that technology has been in certain cars since at least the early 1980s.

Quote:
Not locking you out of adjusting the seat as your driving.
That actually sounds like something a German automaker would do. HALT! YOU SHVALL ONLY ADJUST THE SEAT PRIOR TO DRIVINK LIKE A PROPER AUTOBAHN DRIVER!"

Quote:
They have a loud annoying buzzer that tells you when you are doing something wrong/dumb in proper German fashion. Its like the car is saying moron you left your lights on, and I ain't shutting them off for you. I don't like that damn Chevy bing, bing, bing!
Funny you ought to mention that. I remember some forum members were actually trying to replace their buzzers with the American "chime" sound. I like the buzzer sound, it's old school.

Quote:
Not having an annoying seat belt buzzer that goes off if you don't have your belt on when the car is in gear. MB figured that if you wanted to kill yourself they were not going to stop you.
But they have a glaring annoying red light.

Quote:
No cup holders, I love this! The Germans way of saying pay attention to the road you crazy Americans!
If that were truly the case, they would also not have radios, those surely distract you on the road.

Sooner or later every car falls apart, ours does it later!
-German Narrator in a MB Promotion Film about the then brand new W123.