View Single Post
Old 05-08-2008, 01:49 AM
Zero

Just finished watching an interesting series...

Wolf's Rain, shorter series only 30 episodes. At first I was going to give it a C, because the plot was kind of weak and the character development was so so. But that was before I watched the ending! Damn what a sad and very Japanese way to end a show! It was a very sad and different ending that got me thinking about the meaning of life and death, and the futility of hunting for a "paradise". I won't spoil it but the last 3 episodes hit you like a ton of bricks, just death after death. I think one of the main theme's was: You lose everything that is important to you, to get something that you think is important, only when you get it, it turns out to be something important but not so much for you. Also what was important before is now gone and out of reach.

The message I took away is almost a be content with what you have, but I havn't really finished digesting it yet. It also deals with reincarnation and Heaven. However they twisted the heck out of both, Heaven wasn't really Heaven.

The animation was excellent, the action was excellent, I still think the plot could have been better. Overally I'm going to give it a B+.

Interesting story if you are into anime, a lot of people probably won't like it though. Damn that ending was sad though, overall the whole series had a dark sad hopeless feel to it. It was done well.
2007 Tiara 3200