View Single Post
Old 05-13-2008, 12:03 PM

Both are middle-of-the-road suburbs of Dallas. I think G-Benz got it just right - both span the range of middle class. FB has been in the national news a couple of times lately. The most well known is the attempt to deny illegal immigrants access to housing by fining landlords that cannot prove their tenants are in the U.S. legally. (Currently tied up in court.) The other item was regarding a threat to jail an 80 year old widow over a minor code infraction.

They had an mayoral election this past Saturday (May 10th). Not sure if the current administration was retained. The challenger ran on a slate of throwing out this type of government. Not sure who won.

Unless the prior administration got thrown out on their ear, I would heartily recommend against moving to FB. It seems to be run like a giant homeowners association. You know, the type of place where a few busybodies want to control every minor detail. Tax revenues are spent fighting whether city ordnances are constitutional rather than on schools, infrastructure, or law enforcement. Does not appeal to me.

Carrollton isn't in the news much, for better or worse.

- JimY

edit: Not sure what is meant by the "four corners." The only one I know of is out west where four states meet.