View Single Post
Old 05-13-2008, 11:56 PM
Watching SB LII every day

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgkast View Post
I have always seen this forum as a way for us MB’ers to help each other out, not make a big fat profit. When ever I list parts here I try to give a reasonable price, usually one that is enough to break even, or maybe make a small amount of money to support my MB habit. I would like to thank those who do the same and tell the price gougers to take it to ebay.

technically this post doesn't belong in this forum; sounds like you should take it to open discussion, but i'll bite. speaking for myself, as a person who sells parts for a profit, it really kills me to think about how much time and effort it takes to find cars, gas up the rollback at $3.80/gal, go get the cars, answer parts requests, remove the parts (on the hope that they will actually be purchased and paid for), supply pictures, package the parts properly for shipping, take them to the drop point, wait in line, etc... and for what? to break even or lose money? why would anyone do that?
i think there is a big difference between stock piling parts and having to have a fire sale when the misses goes on the warpath and providing a legitimate service to the community of folks trying to keep their cars on the road.
jmho
gregg

James 4:8

"...let us put aside the blindness of mind of those who can conceive of nothing higher than what is known through the senses"
-Saint Gregory Palamas, ---Discourse on the Holy Transfiguration of Our Lord God and Savior Jesus Christ

Centrally located in North East Central Pa.