View Single Post
Old 05-14-2008, 03:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pawoSD View Post
A couple weeks ago I was driving home at night and all the sudden I saw something on the road (thank heavens for my H4 upgrade lights!!)...it was a MANHOLE COVER laying in the street! Also present: Open Manholes! The crew working half a mile away had taken out all the covers and left them on the street, with no barrels, cones, or warnings of any kind. Just a dark road with open manholes and huge heavy lids sitting on the street!!! I swerved like crazy and managed to miss everything. (I was super lucky, there was like 5 of them!!) A friend of mine here at work was not so lucky, he went down the same stretch later that night and hit either a cover or an open manhole (he's not sure which) with his Kia Rio....blew out the tire/bent the rim/severely damaged the suspension....had to be towed away.... Insanity! He had swerved to avoid a cover but the rear wheel clipped either the cover or the hole. Its been in the shop for weeks....

What is wrong with those road workers?!
same thing happened to me but it was during the day. There was a manhole on the other side of the hill so you barely had any time to do anything. I swerved out of the way, thank goodness nobody was on the other side of the road.