Thread: Hospice
View Single Post
Old 05-16-2008, 09:02 AM
New England Hick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dee8go View Post
Has anyone here had any experience with hospice? I am talking to the hospice people here about a family member.
Yes but I don't know any of the details. My MIL spent about 4 hours in hospice. We were down visiting the day before and she was up and about, even though not feeling great (she had been battling a vicious form of breast cancer for just over a year). She didn't wake up the next morning and the visiting nurse suggested that it was probably time to go to get her comfortable. The ambulance brought her there about 9AM, with my wife by her side the whole time while family members came to say their goodbyes. My wife had to make a restroom run so we left about 1PM and wouldn't you know it, my MIL decided it was "time" after my wife left the room.

I know my FIL made comments about how expensive it was for the time they were there but we've never asked him. They really did do a great job of making an awful day as comfortable as it could be.

1980 300TD-China Blue/Blue MBTex-2nd Owner, 107K (Alt Blau) OBK #15
'06 Chevy Tahoe Z71 (for the wife & 4 kids, current mule) '03 Honda Odyssey (son #1's ride, reluctantly) '99 GMC Suburban (255K+ miles, semi-retired mule) 21' SeaRay Seville (summer escape pod)