Thread: Major problem
View Single Post
Old 03-13-2002, 05:24 PM
Banned

ARS?

Yes in mine also, that box mounted to the tranny hump appears to be the force cell for the air bag. I didn't need to touch mine but I know that there is an ARS unit behind the passenger side kick board under the dash where ther is a "magic" box with two red connectors that can be unplugged if you want to disable the ARS when screwing around in the area. I had disconnected my battery as I always do so as to prevent any electical mishaps.

You can get the keys if you want but I believe they can be fairly expensive - $40-$50 but probably a worthwhile insurance investment if you only have a single key now! I've got both original masters for mine and no valet so I will be getting my radio reactivation code from the dealer or MBUSA. I will probably use MBUSA and I hope to combine it with my request for all the information that they will provide for an individual vehicle. I understand that they will provide you with copies of your vehicle's build sheet, original invoice and the like (the radio code is supposed to be somewhere within the build sheet). I have read that they will even provide a replacement winshield sticker if you ask!